This little recipe is from AllRecipes.com and is dead simple.
Beans, Some Like It Hot!
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- 1 (19 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (19 oz.) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- In a large pot, over medium heat, combine coconut milk, ginger, garlic, parsley and dried seasonings. Bring to a slow boil.
- Stir in beans and peppers. Simmer, stirring often, till 1/3 of the liquid evaporates and the sauce has thickened, about 30-45 minutes.
- Cover, let cool 5-10 minutes. Serve over steamed brown rice.
Updated to add: OK, so I made this. It was really really really hot. Yes, I know the title is Some Like It Hot but it was unbearable. I ended up adding another can of coconut milk in hopes of salvaging dinner and it was alright after but still really hot. It was my fault of course, I chose to use my super-duper-crazy-hot red chili powder instead of the normal variety that everyone else uses. Doh! So, I will try this again because it was very tasty, but I will either use regular chili powder or reduce my superhot chili powder by at least 1/2 if not more.