My husband is allergic to garlic. (Hey guess what, a couple years later and he’s not sensitive to garlic any longer! Yay. I could have deleted all this ranting about garlic but why? Just go ahead and skip down to the recipe.) This is a huge disappointment to me. This doesn’t mean that I can’t have garlic, I realize, but it makes it difficult for me to make his dishes without, then remember to add garlic to my serving. Usually, I just forget about it.
Lunch time is a different story. Lunch time I am by myself. He is at work, I am working from home, and I can make whatever my little heart desires for lunch.
Today I am reheating some of my leftover Coconut Pumpkin Soup and decided to accompany it with a homemade Sundried Tomato Hummus, with 3+ cloves of garlic! Yum.
- 1 x 19 oz can chick peas, ½ liquid reserved
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup or so sundried tomatoes, in oil or dried and reconstituted
- 3 or more cloves of garlic
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve with your choice of veggies or gluten-free crackers.
I chose to serve mine today with RiceWorks brown rice crisps. Delish.