If you haven’t yet noticed, I really love quinoa. It just has something to it that I enjoy more than any other side starch. Better than rice, potatoes, or pasta.
I came up with this recipe as part of a Moroccan-themed eggplant strata dish. It makes an excellent side dish on it’s own, too.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 small red or white onion, diced finely
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1 teaspoon Moroccan seasoning blend
- 2 stalks green onion, finely chopped
- In a medium saucepan, heat vegetable stock over medium heat.
- Add quinoa, onion, walnuts, apricots and Moroccan seasoning. Stir.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and leave covered 5 more minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and top with chopped green onions before serving.