This peanut sauce is not like the deep dark (almost sticky sweet) Vietnamese-style peanut sauce. I think this would probably be more similar to Thai-style peanut sauce. I may or may not know what the hell I am even talking about right now.
This is a good recipe to eat with tofu, salad rolls, rice noodles, or just about anything you would want to put a peanut sauce on.
- 4 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon Bragg's Liquid Soy
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- Sriracha sauce, to taste
- Dash of lime juice, to taste
- Pinch sugar, if necessary
- In a small bowl mix peanut butter and coconut milk until smooth.
- Add Bragg's and stir.
- Grate ginger directly into bowl so the juice also is added.
- Squeeze a small bit of sriracha sauce to start, taste and add more if preferred.
- Mix and taste for seasonings.
- Add a tiny bit of sugar if the sauce needs more balance.