Fair warning. There are no pictures of this dessert. Somebody – not going to say who – but somebody ate the whole thing in the course of an afternoon. Little piggy.
I’ll obviously have to make it again just for pictures’ sake.
I bought rhubarb at the Saskatoon Farmers’ Market on Saturday. Like 5 pounds worth. Yum! I also bought strawberries on sale at the grocery store. So naturally, something strawberry-rhubarb was necessary. I wasn’t quite ready for pie crust again. So a crumble sounded good.
I found this recipe online and made a few adjustments to make it vegan and gluten-free.
Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose gluten-free flour mix
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 4 cups diced rhubarb
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour mix
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup vegan margarine (Becel Vegan)
- 1 cup gluten-free oats (Only Oats)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large bowl mix the sugar, 3 Tbsp GF flour, strawberries and rhubarb. Transfer to a 9×13 baking dish.
- In the same bowl mix the topping ingredients together. You can use a pastry cutter or butter knives to mix the margarine in until crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping on fruit and place in preheated oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned.