More kale! I have decided that if we ever get our yard/flower/garden area figured out this fall I’m making room to plant kale next year. I mean, we eat enough of the stuff all summer long.
I learned too that kale is especially good and hardy for late season frosts. Which considering I have a lousy (non-existent) green thumb, I’ll take all the help I can get.
Pomegranate Kale Salad
- 1 large bunch kale
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds*
- 1/4 cup sliced blanched almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, cored but peel left on, sliced thinly
- Wash the kale thoroughly and dry well.
- Trim from the thick stems and shop finely.
- Add in the pomegranate seeds, nuts, and apple slices.
- Toss gently with Pomegranate Vinaigrette.
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 small clove garlic, pressed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- Mix juice, vinegar, agave nectar, garlic and salt & pepper in a small bowl.
- Whisk in grapeseed oil until combined and emulsified.