I love my greens.
I love coconut milk.
I love pistachios.
You see where I’m going with this, right?
Sauteed Greens with Coconut Milk & Pistachios
Author: Megan - The Gluten Free Vegan
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 bunch kale, trimmed from thick stalk and chopped
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- Olive oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup shelled salted pistachios
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat just enough olive oil to barely coat the bottom of a large, deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add smashed garlic. Saute lightly for just a minute.
- Add the greens. As they start to wilt toss them so they cook evenly. Depending on the size of your pan and how much you've got to cook it should take about 5-8 minutes.
- Once the greens are almost all the way wilted add the coconut milk.
- Add the pistachios.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Now I must say this is definitely a richer side dish than my other kale/greens dishes. I can honestly say I will never eat this as a meal itself. It would just be too much richness for me. Makes a tasty side dish for sure.