I made this recipe for frosting my Pina Colada Cupcakes.
It would be good on chocolate cupcakes too.
Vegan Toasted Coconut Frosting
- ½ cup butter-flavored vegan margarine
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon coconut extract
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- On a baking sheet spread out shredded coconut. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes until lightly browned. Remove and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl whip margarine and icing sugar together.
- Add coconut milk a teaspoon at a time until the correct consistency is reached.
- Add flavor extracts and stir.
- Pipe frosting on cooled cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with cooled toasted coconut.
I couldn’t score a decent picture of the frosted cupcake. Just trust me that it was good. One of the dinner guests licked off the serving platter.