Sometimes I find with a niche site such as this I focus on searching out purely ‘vegan’ or ‘gluten-free’ recipe ideas or options and forget that there are some perfectly suitable recipes in my collection that are naturally such.
These are usually simple and comforting and familiar. Because of those reasons, I forget to include them on this blog because I don’t think they’re all that new or exciting.
That’s silly, isn’t it? It’s still gluten-free and vegan food, and as always, it still tastes good!
This recipe is one of these old comforting classics from my recipe collection that I simply forgot about in the last little while. I believe it originally came about from those days where I was low-carbing it and wanted to dress up my veggies a bit. As a vegan or vegetarian, you probably can relate to wanting to dress up veggies for a change.
Dead simple, great flavor, and takes literally minutes to prepare.
- ½ head cauliflower, cut into large chunks
- 1 bunch broccoli, stems trimmed and left in large florets
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, pressed
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Steam broccoli and cauliflower until tender but not overdone. The broccoli should still be bright green.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl whisk together lemon and lime juices and garlic. Whisk in the olive oil in a steady stream until emulsified. Season with salt & pepper.
- Drizzle the sauce over the steamed vegetables to serve.
Yup, it’s that easy. See!?