This isn’t much of a recipe, I’ll be honest. But if you’ve never tried okra before or perhaps didn’t like it because you thought okra was too slimy, then you definitely must try okra roasted this way.
Also, it’s so simple it’s kind of laughable. I could eat this as snack even.
- 1 pound okra, stems left on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Place okra on the baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle olive oil over and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Bake in heated oven for 15 minutes, giving the baking sheet a shake about half way through to turn over and brown evenly.