It’s the season for pumpkin. (Oh yeah and it’s hockey season – note the Vancouver Canucks support!)
I roasted a smallish pumpkin – maybe about 4 or 5 pounds – and got so much out of it I had to start coming up with recipes to use it in. I also made roasted pumpkin seeds which was fun. Stay tuned for some of those recipes.
Roasting a pumpkin isn’t all that difficult I suppose but I thought maybe I should share what I did, just in case it’s something new for some – or in case you’re curious what I put on my pumpkin while it was roasting.
- 1 pumpkin, cut in half, seeds and pulp removed
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place pumpkin on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle spices over pumpkin.
- Place in heated oven and bake for 20-30 minutes until fork-tender.
You can serve this as a side dish or use it in other recipes.