I’ve finally made my own madras curry paste. It turned out pretty great actually.
Madras Curry Paste
- 2½ tablespoons coriander seeds, dry-roasted and ground
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed, dry-roasted and ground
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds, dry-roasted and ground
- ½ teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon ground chili (not the Southwestern chili powder)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 3 - 4 tablespoons white vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
- Combine all ingredients except vinegar in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add vinegar a bit at a time to make a smooth paste.
- Keeps up to one month in an airtight container in the fridge.