Who doesn’t love the peanut butter-chocolate combination? If you don’t, I doubt we can be friends.
I am sure if you’re allergic or intolerant to peanuts you could use cashew butter, almond butter, or any other nut butter and have success. I’d be curious to know if anyone has tried this with other nut butters. Heck, I may even try this later.
And, as always this is a completely gluten-free and vegan recipe.
- ½ cup vegan margarine
- ½ cup non-dairy milk (I use plain unsweetened almond milk)
- 1¾ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats (I use Only Oats)
- Prepare two large baking sheets by lining with waxed paper or parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat bring the margarine, milk, sugar and cocoa powder to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add peanut butter and rolled oats. Mix well to combine.
- Working fast, drop mixture by teaspoons to the prepared baking sheet.
- Refrigerate until hardened.