Root vegetables do amazing things. Like, turn into tasty, tasty fries.
You know the regular stars … potato, sweet potato, yam. But parsnip? Yes, sir.
I don’t have much to say to introduce this recipe other than that I had parsnips in the fridge and needed to use them up.
The Cajun seasoning is a staple that Levi has been using in various recipes for years. He came up with this blend about five years ago and it’s a staple in our spice cabinet.
Cajun Parsnip Fries
- 2 lbs parsnips, peeled and cut into large matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (below)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss parsnips in olive oil and spread on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Half way through the baking time, toss fries to brown evenly on the other side.
This would be super tasty with a vegan aioli of some sort. I think I’ll have to come up with something … stay tuned!
Cajun Seasoning Blend
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chipotle powder
- 1/2 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1/2 cup granulated garlic
- 1/2 cup onion powder
- 1/2 cup paprika
- Mix together and store in an airtight container.