I posted a similar recipe to this a while ago but this is a bit different, packed with more goodies and without peanut butter.
You can really get creative with these cookies – add what you want and think will taste good. I intended to add crispy rice cereal and as I was digging through the cupboard to find it I saw the puffed quinoa I bought a while ago and decided to use that instead. Pretty happy with the results.
- ½ cup vegan margarine
- ½ cup non-dairy milk (I use unsweetened plain almond milk)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups gluten-free oats (I use Only Oats)
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup puffed quinoa cereal (or crispy rice cereal)
- Prepare two large baking sheets by lining with waxed paper or parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat bring the margarine, milk, sugar and cocoa powder to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add everything else. Mix well to combine.
- Working fast, drop mixture by teaspoons to the prepared baking sheet.
- Refrigerate until hardened.
Makes 3 dozen. (Well, actually one cookie shy of 3 dozen, but that’s because Levi was ‘sampling’ as I was dishing these out onto the cookie sheet.)