Do you know why I love appetizers? Variety. It’s why I love appetizer nights. A bit of everything tasty.
It’s definitely time to plan another big appetizer extravaganza. I am pretty sure this recipe will make it on to the menu.
I serve this with gluten-free vegan multigrain crackers. Once I’ve perfected the gluten-free vegan baguette I’ll likely serve it on toasted slices of that.
- ¼ cup olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 5 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, drained and chopped
- ½ cup large green marinated olives, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- ½ teaspoon red wine vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a medium skillet or saucepan heat olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and heat through for another 2-3 minutes. Garlic should be softened.
- Serve warm on crackers or gluten-free crostini.
This is great cold too. Also, tapenade would be amazing in a pasta dish. In fact, I am going to experiment with this next.