This is a thick frosting that pipes out and keeps it’s shape nicely. I poached this recipe from Jacquelyn – The Gourmet Housewife because it’s better than any other one that I’ve found and because she’s really great.
- 2½ cups icing sugar
- ¼ cup vegan margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk
- Cream icing sugar and margarine.
- Beat in coconut milk and vanilla.
- Add small amounts of hot water or coconut milk until desired consistency is reached.
- To make Chocolate Buttercream Frosting add 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder while creaming icing sugar and margarine. You can also use hot coffee to thin out to desired consistency instead of hot water or additional coconut milk.