My Life, Right Now

I’ve been making apologies via Twitter and Facebook about my neglectful posting for a couple weeks now. I have recipes I want to finish off and take pictures of so that I can post them, but I just can’t seem to get them done.

Here’s why.

My house is a disaster zone. The kitchen specifically.

We’re not only renovating our kitchen but it seems like our entire house is getting a makeover. We knew when it came time to do the kitchen it would all end up happening at once. That’s usually how it goes. I suppose I didn’t expect the kitchen project would happen so soon. Not that I’m complaining.

Don’t cry too hard for me, though. It’s for a good cause. At the end of all of this I’ll have a nice new dream kitchen and house. Meantime, it’s really becoming a pain in the butt to try to cook – not only for the blog but just for our own sustenance.

I had set aside time during this past May Long Weekend to do a bunch of cooking. This coincided with Levi’s recent efforts to play ‘what’s behind that piece of drywall’ in my kitchen. So, in between planting my (very first) garden and doing yard work, I was cleaning drywall dust from every imaginable surface and crack in my kitchen. Needless to say, I didn’t get any real blog cooking done.

It’s funny how it makes me feel too. Like I am letting everyone down.

There have been other exciting things happening in our house lately too. We had a big water line break somewhere between the street and our house which flooded our basement last week. We were without water for nearly 2 days and now we are running off an auxiliary water supply from our neighbor’s house until we dig up our front yard, locate and repair the break, and fill the giant hole. I don’t really care about that much anymore because I’m so thankful to have running water.

The important thing (to me, anyway) is that you all know I’m not slacking off purposely and that I am not trying to be neglectful.

So please check back often, or even better, just subscribe to receive the email alerts and I promise there will be a new recipe or two very shortly.

1. Quentin Karmark says

I think you forgot to get Levi to shoot photos of you too, or is that a liberal use of the term ‘we’?

Hahaha I think you hit the nail on the head Quentin. When I say ‘we’ it’s obvious I mean ‘me telling Levi what to do’. Naturally. Obviously. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yes we are getting rid of the heavy stipple and redoing it with something more modern. We had to redo it anyway because of patching the ceiling where the wall once stood. It’s a very messy job. Something Levi is considering outsourcing for the rest of the job.

So deep Dave. ๐Ÿ˜‰ You’ll have to come for a visit once it’s all done. I’ll have a nicely stocked liquor cabinet in there somewhere, I’m sure.

2. Karen says

What??? The powder blue carpet is gone!!!!! The basement was flooded!!!!! Personally I’d be heading to a hotel for a week or two.

Yes, the powder blue carpet is gone! (Mostly.) I would love to go to a tropical resort for a week or two. See if you can convince Levi. Could it be a business write-off? Cook the books somehow? Hehehe, kidding! You’ll have to come over and experience the chaos first-hand.

3. Tiina says

Renovation is exciting, exhausting, and annoying – but you’ll be living large when you’re done. We’ll wait patiently for your full time return! I always enjoy your posts. Best wishes.

Thanks so much Tina. Hopefully I’ll be back in full swing soon enough. I anticipate lots of BBQ recipes in my future – it might be the only form of cooking I have – if this rain we’ve been having ever lets up.