It’s cheap and easy y’all! That’s it.
Thai Red Curry Lentils
Using ingredients from your pantry and any vegetables you want to use up in the fridge, this is an inexpensive and quick meal - perfect for a busy weeknight.
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 10oz can coconut milk
- 1 cup dried red lentils
- 2 cups water
- 1 zucchini, cut into half-moons
- 1 10oz can baby corn
- 1 4oz can sliced water chestnuts
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute onion, garlic, ginger until onion begins to soften, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add curry paste. Saute for a minute longer.
- Add coconut milk and lentils and 1 cup of water. Stir to combine.
- Add zucchini, baby corn and water chestnuts.
- Reduce heat to minimum and let simmer for 20 minutes, adding remaining water as necessary.
- Serve over rice or quinoa.