This recipe is my take on what Root Down Cafe served when we went for vegan brunch a while back. So good. So simple. And so much better than any store-bought hashbrowns you can shake out of a bag.
- 1 small orange-flesh sweet potato (or yam), peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- 2-3 medium unpeeled red skinned potatoes, scrubbed clean, cut into 1" cubes
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment.
- Place diced sweet potato and potatoes on baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Toss with hands to evenly coat all the potato pieces with the oil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes until potatoes are tender.
If you’re in Saskatoon or area and want great vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options in a really unique cafe setting I highly recommend Root Down Cafe. It’s a workers’ cooperative and I think that’s pretty darn cool.