This is an excellent recipe for you to use up any leftover baked potatoes.
I have a problem judging how many potatoes to bake when we have company over. I figure one per person but then I know that Levi would eat more than that so I do the equivalent of one-and-a-half per person so that those who want two can have two the rest of us who just want one get one.
Recently I hosted a small BBQ that got rained out and moved indoors so instead of cooking the potatoes on the grill I threw some in the oven to bake. I don’t even know if anyone ate any of the baked potatoes aside from Levi. Seriously, so many potatoes left over.
This recipe isn’t much of a recipe. It’s pretty basic but the great thing is, you could totally switch it up and change things if you wanted to. I am a stuffed potato purist perhaps. Or just boring. Either way the classic ‘cheddar’ and green onion combo is pretty awesome.
- 4 medium-sized baked potatoes with skin on
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Daiya cheddar shreds
- 1 green onion, chopped finely
- dash of fresh cracked pepper and salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Cut baked potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out flesh into a small bowl leaving a small amount around the edges of each potato half.
- Mash the potato until smooth. Add in vegan mayonnaise and mash again. Stir in Daiya, green onion, pepper and salt.
- Spoon filling back into the potato halves.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned.