Fruit crisps have got to be the simplest dessert known to humankind. It’s also one of the most popular things searched for on my site. Today I bring to you a crisp made with tart rhubarb.
You could add other fruits to the mix but I like rhubarb as it is.
Isn’t rhubarb just so amazing?
- 5 cups sliced rhubarb
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 - 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats (we use Only Oats)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup vegan margarine
- ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl combine sliced rhubarb, granulated sugar and cornstarch. Stir to coat well.
- Transfer rhubarb into an 8×8 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl mix together the oats, brown sugar, brown rice flour and cinnamon.
- Cut in the vegan margarine until the mixture forms coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the coconut.
- Sprinkle the topping over the fruit, making sure to coat evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the topping is nice and golden brown.
- Let sit a few minutes before serving.