This recipe was originally posted on May 24, 2010 with no pictures and the worst recipe instructions ever. Here’s a nicely fixed up version for you guys!
So let’s talk about these Greek-style lemon roasted potatoes. There are a lot of different versions of lemon roasted potatoes out there. What I like about this recipe is the short ingredient list. Simple. I like simple.
I wrote this recipe using red-skinned potatoes. You could use nice yellow-fleshed potatoes too. I would avoid waxy potatoes or starchy baking potatoes because those can sometimes be mealy and fall apart.
- 8 medium red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2-3 teaspoons dried oregano
- Sprinkle fresh ground pepper and salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with parchment paper or foil.
- Place cubed potatoes in the prepared baking dish.
- In a bowl combine lemon juice, olive oil, oregano and salt & pepper. Whisk and pour over cubed potatoes. Toss to coat evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.